Saturday, June 28, 2008

Trying to Catch a Break (In the Weather)

Back at Philadelphia International Airport hoping to get on a flight to Omaha. The storms out there pretty much shut down the city, I couldn't even get through to my hotel out there because the phone lines were down all night. I heard reports that most of the city was without electricity leaving the hotels without any light or air conditioning. One hotel I know of issued flashlights to guests checking in last night.

This picture is from swimmingworldmagazine.com showing some of the damage done to the roof of the Qwest Center. You can see the rest of the article here. No word yet on any delays for the meet. I must say that seeing the pictures as well as the reports on Headline News on TV here in the terminal is kind of surreal. The damage is a lot worse than I had expected.

Alright, they are about to start boarding the plane. Off to Milwaukee and then (hopefully) Omaha.

No comments: