Monday, August 11, 2008

Live Blogging

Because I can...

Men's 200 Free
That looked real easy, at least to me it did. I really wasn't paying attention to Phelps at all because I just knew he was going to win going away and probably break the World Record. I was completely focused on Peter Vanderkaay. I was ecstatic when he finished third for the Bronze medal. So Phelps is 3 for 3 for 3: 3 events, 3 Gold Medals, 3 World Records. Amazing.

Women's 100 Back
I love the way Coughlin has been swimming lately: go all out, try to catch me. They almost did in this race, but almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Awesome to see Margaret Hoelzer finish third for the Bronze Medal.

Men's 100 Back
OK, the US is officially on fire right now. Piersol and Greevers go 1-2...anyone else thinking there is a carryover effect going on from the 400 Free relay last night? Piersol's finish was awesome and he pulled away from the field in the last 10 meters. He's going to be tough to beat in the 200 Back later on this week.

Women's 100 Breaststroke
Liesel Jones is awesome...but Rebecca Soni (from New Brunswick, NJ and Scarlet Aquatic Club) really closed the gap in the last 25 meters for the Silver Medal. Soni is really going to be a force to reckon with in the 200 Breast later this week.
So this makes four events, and the US has captured 3 Gold, 2 Silver, and 2 Bronze as well as 2 World Records. AWESOME!!

No comments: