Saturday, August 9, 2008

Awesome

If you watched the Opening Ceremonies last night you probably saw the young Chinese boy who walked out with Chinese Flag Bearer Yao Ming. This six year old boy was in school on May 12th when a 7.9 magnitude earthquake struck. Two-thirds of his classmates were killed in the quake and he was buried under a pile of rubble. However this boy was able to climb out from underneath the rubble and pull two of his classmates to safety. When asked why he went back to get his classmates he said, "I am the hall monitor. It is my job." Wow...I mean WOW. A six year old boy can put his own safety aside to help others in a dire time of need. I'd like to think I would do the same thing if presented with the same situation and not throwing people out of the way like I was George Costanza.

No comments: